The Urban Pesticides Committee (UPC)
UPC meetings address timely pesticides and water quality issues, with a focus on regulatory activity as well as science and monitoring. The format includes updates from the UPC technical consultant on regulatory activity and opportunities for input, and updates from agency stakeholders.
Tuesday, May 15, 9am-1:00pm, at the Joseph P. Bort MetroCenter, 101-8th Street, Oakland, Room 171. (Click for Directions/Parking Info) Call-in number for the May meeting is 916-255-4044
Final Agenda May 15, 2012 Meeting
Presentation: Pyrethroid washoff model and prediction of Surface Water Protection Regulations effectiveness Brant Jorgenson, Robertson-Bryan, Inc.
Presentation: Spatial and temporal quantification of pesticide loadings to the Sacramento River, San Joaquin River, and Bay-Delta to guide risk assessment for sensitive species Debra Denton, EPA, and Gerco Hoogeweg, Waterborne Environmental
Note that our conference lines do not have a built-in mute function. Please help us reduce background noise: Place your own phone on mute where possible; Avoid side conversations; If you need to step away, hang up and call back in (please do not put us on hold, which can subject the line to hold music).
No further meetings are scheduled at this time.
2011 Meeting Materials
Tuesday, October 18, 9am-12:30pm, at the Joseph P. Bort MetroCenter, 101-8th Street, Oakland, Room 171 or 916-255-4044 for teleconference.
Final Agenda October 18, 2011 Meeting
Meeting Summary October 18, 2011 Meeting
Images of Urban Pathway ID sampling site
Presentation: DPR's Methodology for Evaluating Pesticides for Surface Water Protection by Sheryl Gill and Yuzhou Luo
Presentation: DPR's Surface Water Regulations by Mark Pepple
Get UPC Meeting Information through the UPC NEWS e-mail list: Sign up.
Urban Pesticides Committee 2010 Meeting Materials:
- December 9, 2010 "Virtual Meeting" Summary
- September 21, 2010 Summary
- September 21, 2010 Agenda (Final)
- Supporting Materials
- Bedbugs and IPM Presentation Luis Agurto, Pestec
- Bay Area ES Injunction and Habitat Graphics Polo Moreno, DPR
- July 20, 2010 Summary
- July 20, 2010 Agenda
- Follow-ups to Presentation Polo Moreno, DPR
- Pyrethroid Registration Review Jacqueline Guerry, U.S. EPA
- Endangered Species Pesticide Program (updated) Allen Demorest, U.S. EPA
- EPA Update Patti TenBrook, U.S. EPA
- 2010 Pesticide Use Report Kelly Moran, TDC Environmental, LLC
- Example Letter to Registrants re Antifouling Paint Reevaluation Denise Alder, DPR
- May 18, 2010 Meeting - CANCELLED
- March 16, 2010 Summary
- March 16, 2010 Agenda
- 2010 UP3 Priority Pesticide List Kelly Moran
- Status of Aquatic Pesticide Permits Phil Isorena
- Protecting Listed Species from Pesticides Rich Marovich
- Presentation: A Brief Look at Bifenthrin (Kelly Moran)
- EPA Update 1-19-10 (Patti TenBrook)
- Presentation: Adulticides Permit Processing in California (Phil Isorena)